6:00 PM

New Store Musings


I've been working on a new storefront. A name under which to sell photography, paper goods, wedding invites, and any other artsy things that grab my weekly fancy! The current number one name is "Maddox Studios." For those of you who don't watch obscure TV shows, I will explain.
"The House of Elliot" is a fabulous British TV show which I happened to spot in the library. Having a secret love of fashion and a desire to know more about its inner workings, I naturally checked it out. Unfortunately there are only three seasons. The charming male lead is Jack Maddox, portrait photographer extraordinaire. Thus the name Maddox Studios.
Comments? Any other suggestions? As some of you may know I LOVE doing company branding. Business cards, packaging, promotional flyers, etc. My first thoughts are for the business cards. I really like the idea of having one card design but several different images, so that not all the cards are exactly the same. Since the focal point of this business is photography, that is not too difficult. The question is: color, sepia, black & white? What to do. I like the sepia on the left, but b & w would be classic as well. Hmmm. I guess it's time to play with photoshop! Here's one other image I was considering.

Well, I am currently watching Veronica Mars, an excellently exciting mystery show, prematurely cancelled after the third season. Sigh. I must now go play in Photoshop while I the baby is actually sleeping.
Oh yeah, Adam got a new job, Yay! The pay is less but the stress should be way less.
Ok, I'm off for real. Thinking of you Kim and Linds... Good luck with finals!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have different images on business cards, 4 different ones with different colors. You could mix and match your colors too. Your bubbles would look interesting in different colors.

Allison said...

Oh, they're both really nice. I think I lean more toward B&W for some (indescribable reason) - I'm sure whichever you choose will be very classy.

Kimberly said...

Thank you! Almost done!!! And I love both images. . . . I forgot how much I love your photography!