5:14 AM

Smoothies!

Yesterday it was really hot when Adam got home, so I decided to make smoothies. We haven't had them for awhile and I had some really good strawberries this week. Bear in mind, these are some of the BEST strawberries I've ever had!
Here is the recipe for awesome homemade smoothies/lassies. (A lassie is the Indian/Nepali version of a smoothie. It's made with yogurt instead of ice)


Smoothie
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 cup frozen pineapple
1/4 cup orange juice
8-10 juicy strawberries
sugar to taste

serves 2

A few things to note. Generally it's better to use juice concentrate or "nectar" because it has more flavor, although I used orange juice and it was great. Frozen pineapple - I buy them on sale, chop them up and freeze them in baggies of a cup each. Taste it as you go so you can adjust the amount of strawberries and sugar that you need. Last of all - Kick back and enjoy your summer!

5 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Does that sound wonderful..great for this humid,hot weather..Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Yummy, must try it.

bbb said...

oo my goodness Erin, you make me drooling....I love pinnapple!

-Carol

Tasha Early said...

Yum!!

Love your blog!!

Tasha

MindyG said...

I love smoothies!!! Can't wait to try out your recipe.